Monday, January 9, 2012

Welcome!

I'll be using this blog to post my recipes and other discussions about food. I'll talk about my favorite ingredients and maybe even places to eat around Lafayette.

The title of this blog refers to the idea that, economically, nothing is without cost. However, I believe anyone can cook delicious meals without spending a lot of money or time. And maybe you'll have some fun along the way.

I rarely go to the grocery store to shop for a specific meal. Instead, I get my favorite ingredients which I can use in a variety of ways later. My approach to cooking is to be adaptable - use what you have in the kitchen and be creative. All recipes can be toyed with if you don't have everything on the list. That's why many of my favorite meals to cook are ones that have infinite possibilities - fried rice, frittata, tacos, and more.

Recipes posted here will usually be whatever I'm cooking, but I'll also post requests, so feel free to leave suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment