Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pub Week Retrospective

During Pub Week, No Free Lunch crossed 500, 600, and 700 pageviews! I would call this a big success. I want to thank you, the readers, for your continued support. Two readers even posted on their successful dinners after having made some of the dishes posted here.

Looking forward, No Free Lunch will resume its more relaxed pace of recipe posts. Tomorrow's is especially near and dear to my culinary heart. As always, suggestions for future recipes are always welcome.

Happy Chinese New to all of you... stay tuned for some Chinese favorites later this week.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Chinese New Year to my dragon boy. It looks like it will be a great year. I am so proud of your blog and am looking forward to coming dishes. You have paid homage to your Chinese and Scottish heritage and can't wait to see the Scandinavian side appear. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you got me guessing as to what will come next. Would you mind if I throw in some wine recommendations for the wonderful dishes on this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sebastian thought I could offer some wine pairing suggestions. Beer and pub menu have such high affinity for each other that I wouldn't jump in here to offer to many wine recommendations. However, the chicken curry dish is one that could go very well with a Riesling or a Vouvray from the Loire Valley. Like German Riesling, many Vouvrays are slightly sweet but well-balanced by searing acidity. That combination goes well with curry dishes. I also enjoy a crisp white wine with fish and chips. A dry and crisp Alsatian Riesling or a Sauvignon Blnac would do well with the fish and chips. The Guinness stew is best left for being paired with Guinness beer. Same is also true for the bangers. Beer and pub food were born together. In most cases, that is best left alone.

    ReplyDelete