Friday, January 16, 2015

Breaded Baked Chicken

Breaded chicken is one of my old standby recipes, and one I've been making for years now, and it's been a long time coming on this blog. I actually had to check back at the old posts just to make sure it hadn't been covered already! It's very simple, made from ingredients I always have on hand, and is always a hit in our house.


This recipe can be used as a baseline for experimentation. I have substituted fat free Greek yogurt for the mayo, and that also turned out great. You can also add some herbs to the mixture.

Ingredients
  • Bone-in chicken pieces (legs and thighs work well)
For each chicken piece
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 Tbs light mayonnaise
  • 1/2 Tbs Dijon mustard
  • Dash of Sriracha chili sauce
  • Bread crumbs

Instructions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. [Note: I am not sure our rather aged oven is showing the temperature accurately, so this may be slightly high]

Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and sriracha sauce in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Spread breadcrumbs on a plate. Remove skin from the chicken, and dust each side with salt and pepper. Liberally rub the mustard and mayo mixture over each piece, then press into breadcrumbs to coat.


Bake the chicken until cooked through and browned on the outside, about 40-45 minutes. I like to cook them on a wire rack over the pan.

1 comment: